The Admission Process
The School of Family Life is responsible for large undergraduate enrollment, service courses, and two graduate programs (Marriage and Family Therapy and Marriage, Family and Human Development). Therefore, it is necessary to limit the size of the MFHD graduate program. Usually, 6-10 students are admitted each year. Students who wish to apply can access an online application for admission through the Graduate Studies website.
The application deadline is 12:00 AM EST, January 10th. Candidates are admitted once a year for Fall. Admission decisions are usually announced in March.
The GRE is encouraged, but not required. For more information about the GRE visit http://www.ets.org/gre/
Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Click the Apply Now link.
- This link is currently being updated we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Read all the application instructions.
- Start your application.
- Either login or create a new account.
- Answer the use and privacy questions.
- Click on the Start Application button. Applications do not need to be completed in one sitting. You can save and come back to the data you have entered at any time before submission.
- Before filling out the Statement of Intent section, please review the faculty pages on this site.
- Review the faculty research interests and select one or two faculty members that interest you.
- Read, at minimum, the abstract of one article associated with that research area, found on the faculty page. This will help you write a focused, effective Statement of Intent.
- Statements of Intent are preferably around 2 pages in length.
- Include at least three recommenders for your application. Recommenders must submit letters online. Letters should be from people who can make recommendations about academic potential. Letters from friends, family members, or ecclesiastical leaders are unacceptable.
- Check your application for completion (Click the CHECK YOUR APPLICATION link in the left menu to search for incomplete or missing information.
- Submit your application.
- Pay the application fee. You will receive an email from Graduate Studies when your submitted application is downloaded.
Please consult the Application page on the Graduate Studies website